June 29, 2011

Day 13-27!

It is close to impossible to summarize the last 2 weeks but first of all I am so sorry it's taken me this long to post again! 
Overall, Project is going SO well. I'm learning more than I've ever learned in my life, it's incredible hard, but I'm having too much fun for words to describe :) I'll give you little tidbits of what's been happening!

I've learned how real Jesus is... that He is powerful, love, dangerous, and my Savior as well as my Lord.  One of the speakers asked, "How would you feel is Jesus spoke directly to you, looked into your eyes; chose to spend His time with you?" Well that can happen through reading God's Word! So cool. 

In relation to work, I have been told that my tshirt folding is "immaculate" and that I have a skill in smiling.  What an honor.  Maybe I am called to do souvenir sales for the rest of my life haha.... But in all seriousness I have been getting closer to some of my coworkers which has been suuuuch a blessing.

We had an incredible (INCREDIBLE) women's time where we talked about whether or not we actually know how. much. the Lord is pursuing us individually...That He saved us. Saved us! I forget that sometimes... That if we simply get on our knees, God will meet us there.

We've had these beautiful worship nights where it's just songs and us and Jesus.  One night we sang all of my favorite worship songs in a row!  "Sweetly Broken, Take my Life, and Lead me to the Cross"

Lead Me to the Cross has been the song of my heart lately.  Some of the lyrics are "Lead me to the cross, where your loved poured out.  Bring my to me knees Lord lay me down.  Rid me of myself I belong to you. Lord lead me."  I sing it all the time and my roommates are getting annoyed I think haha :) 

This week is "Killing the Giants Week"  where we spend even more time sharing the Gospel and having spiritual conversations with coworkers or people on the beach.  Giants to kill could be anything from someone at home that you're scared to share with, or a certain type of group that is intimidating to you.  For me, I am incredibly intimidated by older males because I feel like they think I know nothing... but just this week I have had awesome conversations with 4 older males so God is helping me and pushing me to kill my giants :)

I shared my Real Life Story (A less "churchy" word for testimony)  in front of the whole project last Thursday.  It was so great! I was pretty nervous but after I spoke about what God has done and is doing in my life now, so many people came up to me saying that they had been touched and wanted to talk more.  I couldn't be more thankful that God spoke through me and that by His Grace maybe my story can help others with their walks. 

I've sort of been in this place where I feel comfortable... so I've been asking God to challenge me and push me even more; to expose even more of my sin so that I can continue to be even more refined and more like Him. 

Also, the other big news is that I have been chosen to be on the Project Executive Board when the project staff leaves.  It's a really complex process and in the most humble way possible I am so so honored! There will be two of us who will be Spiritual Growth Leaders.  That means that when staff leaves, for the last 5 weeks of project we will be in charge of discipleship, Bible studies, and how the project people are growing as a whole.  I could not be more excited!! It's up to the leaders working side by side with Jesus to determine how the rest of the project goes and how people grow.... I know He is going to do incredible things and I just can't wait :)

I have also been feeling like I'm in this haze where I can't really put a finger on what I'm doing or specifically what God is doing in my life.  I have learned that that feeling comes directly from not spending quality time in the Word and not walking in the Spirit.  So would just really really appreciate it if you all could be praying that I spend meaningful time with Jesus every day so that I can not spend so much time on myself but more time on reaching out to others! I so want spreading the Gospel in any way to be the main priority in my life.  And please keep continuing to let me know how you all are doing and how I can be praying for you as well! This is a team effort here :)
Much love to you all!